2013 FII Bonaire Freediving Camp - July 22-28
Bonaire is located in the Southern Caribbean about 50 miles off the northern coast of Venezuela. Surrounded by stunning reefs it provides year-round world-class freediving conditions just meters from shore. This Ultimate Freediving Camp Getaway offers a professional training set-up for all skill levels, and includes gorgeous modern apartment accommodations (300 meters from dive site), expert guidance from 13-time World Record Freediver Martin Stepanek along with an array of exciting land, cave and sea adventures.
Trip Dates: July 22 (in) – July 28 (out), 2013 (6 nights / 7 days)
Pre Requisites: Open to certified freedivers only. There will be a Level 1 Freediver course running on Bonaire from July 20 – July 21, 2013.
You will be limited to the maximum depth of your certification (i.e. Lvl 1 Freedivers are limited to 66ft/20m; Level 2 - 130ft; Level 3 - unlimited).
Participants must be in good physical condition – See FII Medical Release.
Day 1 / Mon 22 July: Arrive at Flamingo International Airport (BON). Airport picks-ups will be provided - from the airport it is approximately a 10 minutes drive to the apartments. For divers that arrive before 2pm we will be running a late afternoon relaxed freedive training (check your gear, check buoyancy, get to know the location, enjoy the reef, freediving photography).
Day 2 /Tues 23th July: AM – Opening meeting. AM- Daily scheduled freediving depth
training sessions with FII’s world-class instructor team in Kaya Gobernador Debrot 103 (300 meters from your apartments). This special dive site provides optimum training conditions for participants to work on their goals, at their own pace, with as little or as much training guidance as they request. Freediving training runs daily from 8am – 12pm and afternoons are open for adventuring!
PM- The evening will bring a specialized equalization clinic from 13-time World Record Freediver Martin Stepanek. Martin has been to depths of over 130 meters!
Day 3 – Day 5 / Wed 24th – Fri 26th July: Same as above. Adventure trips will be running in the afternoon. These include caving adventures, island explorations and more.
Day 6 / Sat 27th July: AM - Freediving Training Session. PM - Closing party & dinner.
Day 7 / Sun 28th July: Departure Day. All airport transfers provided.
Bonaire average water temperatures:78° - 84° F
Bonaire air temperatures in July: Average high 88F/31C, average low 79F/26C
Currency: USD || Language Spoken: English
Freediving Training: You will need to bring a 3mm Freediving/Spearfishing Suit, a mask, snorkel, freediving fins, rubber weight belt, small weights, and freediving computer.
Additional Items: Water bottle with carabineer clip, wide brim hat with neck tie and a Mini Flash Drive (for your photos & videos).
The FII team worked hard to secure you affordable, comfortable modern apartments within close vicinity to everything. Your apartment is located a mere 350 meters from the depth training site and 3 miles from the main township. The apartments are two bedroom (twin beds)/two large bathrooms, stainless steel kitchen, and private balcony. There is a pool & outdoor lounge area and lovely bars & restaurants nearby. And, of course they have internet!
for private room rates.
Price $1190.00 USD (based on twin share accommodations, please contact us for private room rate)
- 6 nights accommodation, twin share room, modern stylish 2 bedroom/2 bathroom apartments w/ full stainless steel kitchen, living area and balcony (350 meters from dive training site)
- All airport transfers and transportation to events. shopping expeditions, etc.
- Six days of freediving tuition from World-Renowned Freediving Instructors including 13-Time Freediving World Record Holder, Martin Stepanek
- Daily HD videos of your freedives
- Quality HR underwater images of you freediving
- Exclusive Equalization Clinic (Clinic covers both Frenzel & BTV (Hands-Free))
- Apartment cleaning fee, tourist accommodation tax.
- Return Flights to Bonaire. Airport code: BON (check www.flydae.com for the best rates. Currently showing $390 MIA-BON round trip. Otherwise, orbitz.com is also good.)
- Car rental (this is optional for anyone wishing for more independence from the group)
- Additional tours with Flow Bonaire such as caving, hiking, kayaking, etc.
- All Food & Beverages
- $75.00 cash apartment security deposits (due on arrival, refunded at end of trip)
Payment Policy & Deposit:
- A deposit of $250.00 is required to secure your spot.
- Full payment will be due by May 22, 2013.
- All payments on ‘Trips’ are non-refundable. . Please call us with any questions before payment on + 1 954 323 2222 /
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
A Camp Bulletin with a fully detailed day-to-day activity schedule will be sent out one month prior to the camp commencing. If you have any other questions prior, please do not hesitate to call us anytime.
We look forward to your joining us on this adventure of a lifetime in beautiful BONAIRE!
2013 FII Bonaire Camp Instructor Team
/ + 1 954 323 2222 (EST) / www.freedivinginstructors.com
"i TRUELY LOOK FORWARD TO SHARING THIS EXCITING CARRIBBEAN ADVENTURE WITH YOU IN 2013!" - 13-TIME FREEDIVING WORLD RECORD HOLDER, MARTIN STEPANEK