HOW TO BECOME A F.I.I. FACILITY
To become an F.I.I. Freediving Facility requires shops to fulfill certain obligations to assure that the facility will provide the highest standards and support of freediving education as well as the ability to effectively grow and represent the freediving community.
Requirements for acceptance include:
- Facility must be in business for a minimum of 12 months and have no F.I.I. quality assurance violations or open inquiries for at least 12 months prior to application
- At least one active F.I.I. Level 1 Freediving Instructor on full-time staff and host an F.I.I. Level 2 Instructor twice a year
- A proven record of hosting F.I.I. courses
- Selling and properly displaying a full range of F.I.I. recommended freediving equipment
- An agreement not to conduct, sponsor, or advertise any non-F.I.I. freediving training activities
- Conducting regular non-training freediving activities such as, but not limited to, practice sessions, freediving travel excursions, and competitions
- Teaching a minimum of five Level 1and two Level 2 courses per year
- Distributing regular communications designed to recruit and retain freediving customers
- Possessing all required governmental licenses and permits and complying with all labor laws
- Maintaining a professional image in retail sales, rentals, and service and repair.
- Maintaining a neat, clean, and attractive facility.